Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 16IZ Version 7 USA/Europe Release

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 03:10 AM
Eastflight

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Futaba 16IZ Version 7 USA/Europe Release

Hi
I have noticed that Futaba Japan have already released the new v.7 for the T-16IZ Transmitter however it cannot be found on the Futaba USA or Futaba/Ripmax Europe software update site.
I can update from the Japan website however there is no English translation to see what fixes it concerns.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers !
H
Old 05-09-2024, 01:58 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was told that the new software will not be released in Europe / USA until the 770R gyro's are available.
Perkins already have large stocks of the 755 & 760 gyro, which 770's on their way, but no delivery date as yet.

All software updates for the UK now comes directly from Futaba USA, so that will take time to flow through.
Previously, Ripmax posted them after receiving updates from Japan.

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 05-09-2024, 02:44 AM
Eastflight

Thanks Modtron for the reply.
I shall monitor the the Futaba USA software update page for the v7 release.
I was tempted to download it from the Futaba Japan site but as there is no English translation for knowing what the download relates to, I'm going to wait.
Old 05-10-2024, 10:05 PM
Capt_K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16IZ Transmitter Binding Problem

I bought my 16IZ a couple of months ago. I want to use it to fly the Eflight Apprentice PNP version that I’ve had for several years. I have tried every option for the system type and have not been able to get it to bind or connect to the receiver that came with this model. Am I doing something wrong or is this model only able to connect using a Spektrum radio? BTW: it does not matter which receiver protocol I select to link with, my radio transmitter never comes up with the screen that would allow me to select “Link”. I’m at a loss trying to understand what my radio is doing.,
Old 05-10-2024, 11:04 PM
Eastflight

Hi there
In order to bind your Futaba 16IZ to the RX you'll first have to go into 'Linkage Menu' then click on 'System Type' listed in column one and choose your Receiver type from the list.
Press the link button on the same page of the TX and it should link with the RX once you've pressed the bind button on the receiver. You need to know exactly which receiver your using (eg: FASST 7CH, T-FHSS, etc).
If this fails then try and update your transmitter to the version v6 software update on the Futaba USA download site. Then try and binding again.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:27 PM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

is this model only able to connect using a Spektrum radio?
Yes, anything with a receiver from Elite will only be for Spectrum radio.
Every manufacturer has their own protocol and they do not swap around.

modtron
​​​​​​​Oxford UK