Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bad news-Hobby Express

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bad news-Hobby Express

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bad news-Hobby Express

I have built and flown three Telemaster kits over the years...and one ARF (yellow). Last year Hobby Express came back with a new series of kits, plus a Twin Telemaster kit too. The 1.0 version of the Telemaster Twin had placement for retracts and I fell in love with the kit. I signed up for that kit...six months before they were finally put up for sale, and a dozen phone calls later and a few emails...I was told they are now for sale. I paid for the kit shipped to Hawai'i nearly $400.00. I then saw that they had changed the design of the Twin Telemaster...and was publishing a 2.0 person now. Now redesign version with out retracs and I purchased a set of electrical retracts and two glow engine for the old 1.0 version Hobby Expressed-pictured for sale. At seeing the change I called Hobby Expresses and talked to the man selling the kits. He told me he had the 1.0 version...just one for sale and he would sell me that and all the things needed to finish the kit. I was over joyed and I was told to send send in $30.00 for excess shipping. He stated the Fuse was built and so was the wing in sections and he would make sure I had the tail feathers in kit form and plans to build them. That was SIX months ago. I have called him a and he promised the kit was on the way. It never arrived and a called himdozen times...sent in ore then half a dozen emails to the company and no return calls or email answers from him.

HOBBY EXPRESS is either out of business or just ripped folks off. I do not know but from once a wonderful company with excellent customer service, seems to just ignore past agreements and they did not ship one kit I paid for in advance.

Its sad to see a company with a land mark excellent serious of model airplanes go south like Hobby Express has.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 04-23-2019 at 07:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Telemaster Sales UK (02-06-2021)