Notices

Dirty Birdy 2+2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 09:59 AM
rglgatortail
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Birdy 2+2

Hello fellow flyers, I am on the hunt for information on some control throws and the CG for the Bridi Models Dirty Birdy 2+2. I have called BlueJay Models web site and they seem to refuse to call me back even if to tell me that they cannot help me. I have looked as many places that has links to this plane as I can click on and to no avail I cant find any info on throws and CG for this plane.

If there is a modeler that has a current flying plane could I talk you into checking your current CG and measure the distance from the leading at the fuse side and what throws you are currently using? Any and all information to this plane is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone and have a calm wind fun flying day.

(please do not include information on the 40 or 60 size of the Dirty Birdy)
Old 03-08-2020, 10:02 AM
rglgatortail

Old 02-04-2022, 12:57 PM
fadi6149

Hello,
Does BlueJay sell you the Dirty Birdy as an ARF kit or you have to build it from scratch?
I am interested to get the 60 size versio.
thx
Old 02-04-2022, 02:17 PM
rglgatortail

I'm not aware of BlueJay Models that ever sold any ARF (just in case you are not aware this means ALMOST READY to FLY) If you was to go to BlueJay web site you will have to see if they are cutting kits. These kits are where most of the wing and fuse wood cuts are aleady done for you so it is you as the builder to glue together sand to shape and cover the model with covering of your choice.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:26 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Got to https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=13531, it is listed as the Big Dirty Birdy, but if you look at the plans page it has the CG
and also the control throws.

Bill D
Old 02-08-2022, 03:41 AM
fadi6149

Originally Posted by rglgatortail
I'm not aware of BlueJay Models that ever sold any ARF (just in case you are not aware this means ALMOST READY to FLY) If you was to go to BlueJay web site you will have to see if they are cutting kits. These kits are where most of the wing and fuse wood cuts are aleady done for you so it is you as the builder to glue together sand to shape and cover the model with covering of your choice.

Ok many thx for your answer. It would be great to have it as an ARF. I found a long time ago the 60 size as an Arf ut no longer available.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:45 AM
fadi6149

Hello,
What are the servos you are using on the 2+2 Birdy? (Metal gear? analog or digital? 6Kg or more?)
I just got the Rubin 2+2 and it has the same specs but no info on the servos.
thx for your help,
Old 04-30-2024, 06:37 PM
fredman2

Maybe I didn't see it but what engine was used. i see the custom exhaust created for it.

Thanks, Fredman
Old 05-01-2024, 02:28 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks like an OS 1.60FX.
you can get wrap around headers from Weston UK.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:40 PM
rglgatortail

Yeah its a OS 1.60 FX breathing thru a Hatori exhaust long tube header to a quiet pipe its not a tune pipe. The engine pulls really hard and has all the vertical you could ever want. The servos are only Futaba 3010 all around except throttle. This plane was built from another modeler he did a ok job but made several building mistakes that i just left alone other than that its built pretty good.