Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my last post didn't appear. in it i made the point that the taper on the neddle could be damaged due to vibration when using the extension. i personally have never had the problem but i have seen a couple of engines that have. maybe it was because i had good clearence around the outlet from the cowled area.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkr_1100
I would like to add to make sure the Teflon tape is wrapped in the direction that you will be screwing on the threads. so that the windings of the Teflon tape get tighter not looser as you screw in the muffler. also then retighten when its HOT. beware the ham fist.
HIK! still doing that
Old 08-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Rudolph Hart

Gents..i think we have a software fault or two..
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Uh, the post did appear yesterday.........

hmmmmm, maybe it's the meds???
Old 08-09-2013, 07:51 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jkr_1100, it was nice meeting a fellow Saito Club member in person. It seemed surreal!!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
in case you were wondering i got bounced from my operation slot due to lack of beds.* appears as if the local indigenous indulged in fun and festivities which resulted in a number of them being admitted to the*local hospital, tomorrow maybe but probably friday, just love our health system*
That's a nice way of putting it ! Your not running for government in our upcoming elections are you ? I wonder how Bob Katter would have worded it !! Cheers the pope
Old 08-09-2013, 01:10 PM
FNQFLYER

this is my only comments on oz politics for the current silly season. bob katter, if all pollies worked as hard for there electorate then we would have fantastic government, to know kevin is to hate him (i have had a lot of contact with the krudd over the years so speak from personal experience, tony abbot, the indigenour in the cape think he is fantastic for all the personal work he does in the communities, believe me he hides the true monk under a very big bushel. thus endth my comment more on saitos and faults with website later, though i believe mine was a drug blur in retrospect.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Very nice thread and info. Question. Has anyone here tore down and cleaned up a Saito 170 radial? Is it difficult? I have a new one I ran on a test stand and cleaned up and thought I hypoed oil everywhere I could get it. Well it has tightened up Just sitting in its box, on the shelf. I know all it needs is a good cleaning. Just want to see wht I'm in for. I will clean it, time it back up or might just make some one a deal of a lifetime. Thanks for replies.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The best thing to clean it up with is some fuel, that will free it up and then just run it.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
JohnB96041

Depends on how long it has been setting. I have had Saito engines setting for around 2 years. Just flush them out with some good fuel, start and let them run for a little while. Check to see if that gets the thing loosened up. Bet it does. Happy Flying.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
FNQFLYER

i agree with the above. i had a contest 65 that i just put away without any thought or treatment, 2 years later it would not turn, poured some fuel down the exhaust and rocked the prop until it loosened up, put a new glo plug in it and ran it until the smoke stopped coming out the exhaust. did the usual valve clearance checks etc and flew in a club comp the net w/end
Old 08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
FNQFLYER

question for the moderator, why is it that every time i open an e mail about the latest post i go to page 1011 not the current one
Old 08-09-2013, 05:28 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Sounds like a good idea to me. Will try that one.

FNQ. It does the same rhi g on my end and also don't show me logged in till I hit "log In" then takes me to my profile page. I'm sure they are still tweaking and will take a spell.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:50 PM
FNQFLYER

thats what i figured but guess the latest one started on your post not a day back, i had to do the log in thing to and that one went away as well, tweaking i guess as you said
Old 08-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Rudolph Hart

I reckon it's becuz nin of u boogers kin smell sorry spell fnq hope the recovery goes well
Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Ernie Misner

I don't get a live link in my email notifications anymore. I have to copy and paste the link into my browser search. Anyone else having that problem???? Thanks, and BTW I have AOL, maybe that is part of the problem.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 AM
kwblake

Hey Ernie. The link in my eMails works fine. I'm not using AOL though.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:22 PM
jkr_1100
My Feedback: (15)

Originally Posted by hsukaria
jkr_1100, it was nice meeting a fellow Saito Club member in person. It seemed surreal!!
I hope you enjoy that airplane. It sure would be nice with a Saito 72 on the nose. It was good to meet you too. with all i had going on that day we did not have time to chat. we should make time to have a sit down. perhaps one weekend before the snow comes I can come visit at your field.

Last edited by jkr_1100; 08-11-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM
FNQFLYER

hey people, it would appear as if i am not getting notifications as to when posts are appearing either. a comment though. i was taking this drug oxycodone (in slow and fast acting forms). had all sorts of "head problems". i started going off it on monday, doc's advice, and to say the withdrawal was "interesting" is a gross understatement. checked google, and a couple of things came up, one was taking of alcohol while taking this drug could cause death and the other two were it is addictive and will cause confusion and disorientation. would have been good if i had been told, but unfortunately for you all i am still here, catch ya later
Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
hey people, it would appear as if i am not getting notifications as to when posts are appearing either. a comment though. i was taking this drug oxycodone (in slow and fast acting forms). had all sorts of "head problems". i started going off it on monday, doc's advice, and to say the withdrawal was "interesting" is a gross understatement. checked google, and a couple of things came up, one was taking of alcohol while taking this drug could cause death and the other two were it is addictive and will cause confusion and disorientation. would have been good if i had been told, but unfortunately for you all i am still here, catch ya later
Hi there FNQ pain can certainly be a pain in the a#@% . I've been on Kapanol for 10 yrs or more . 3 buggered disks in the back and 1 in the neck , all from what I believe was heavy lifting at work for over 15 yrs . Been to neurosurgeons ( they wont fuse unless u have 2 or less buggered disks ) and pain clinics and looks like I'll be on it till my dying days . The last trip to the pain clinic I had a double blind infusion after going off the meds for a couple of days prior . That was one of the worst days of my life ,had to lie on the backseat of the car for the hour ride home and took at least 2 weeks to get back to " normal " . I was in so much pain it was unbelievable and I'm not too proud to say I cried like a baby . The withdrawal were the least of my probs although I've been there before and its not much fun not to mention u cant take a dump , although there's some good stuff to fix that now days .Other than that Im good to go and don't have any other side effects . Any way enough of my whining and good luck with your dramas and hope they can clear the beds of the least worthy and unclean and fix u right up . Cheers the pope
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM
FNQFLYER

thanks for the thoughts, i am home and watching my good wife finishing the packing for the move, damm frustrating but i do what i can. packing stuff reveals lots of hidden goodies and thus presents lots of unexpected problems but they'll be overcome. the drugs are the worst part. i have an interesting part of my life. morphine and its natural deritives are like chocolates to me, believe it or not i don't get addicted just love the stuff. however the artificial versions are virtual poison in anything other than minute amounts, and guess what oxycodone is.
enough of that. the pommie magazine rcw has had a couple of interesting articles on engines recently more particularly the use of 30 size fourstrokes. one build in it will be using a pair of 30's for a bristol freighter, i think. the current leaning out here is for a max size of 100 inches but more like 80 because they don't vary much in apparent size when in the air. this brings the size of engines back to more cost effective stuff. this however requires attention to detail. i am involved in a stuff up of an arf that currently has a 53cc gas engine in it and once the beast is re rigged, hardware (servos etc) put in the right place will be flying with a 36cc gas saito up front. inteesting huh. but got to get the brain right first catch ya.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:28 PM
hsukaria

That would be great if you come and visit. Let me know so that I can prepare my more "presentable" planes. Yeah, I am still thinking what to put into that plane. From what I read, that plane is so light that it would benefit from a light engine, like a Saito. I read that even an OS 70 FS is heavy enough to require weight in the tail, even with mini/micro servos.
I also have a Fox 74 that needs a plane. The one I had in mind didn't work out. But I am enjoying the "research".
It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Last edited by hsukaria; 08-13-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM
JPal101
My Feedback: (32)

I have a Saito FA91S in the gold and black box with all the original tools and paperwork, brand new, never run. anyone interested?
Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
FNQFLYER

if you were in oz i would snap it up, btb how mch are you asking?
Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Rudolph Hart

How much is the postage? and you'll get a free run in commentary to boot friend

Huk you can laugh when i say chuck the 72 out and try the little saito 30,you will be amazed at how big an aeroplane it will haul,does em' easy too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.