Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

BLW & Lopflyer,
I am having trouble acessing the RCUsite with FireFox. AVGblocks every attempt to go to this site. However, I can use IE9 (as I am now) and get partial access by first doing a search forRC UniverseClub Saito. When Ipickit from search list,it will take me right to page 1.

My anti-virus (AVG)is blocking the entire site through FireFox but, only certain pages with IE9. I haven't been able to access the site managers to tell them about the malware/virus (HTML/Framer) that's on the site. I've been having this trouble for over a week now.

My Android tablet will give me uninterrupted access to read but, won't let me post as the browser I'm using won't bring up the keypad so Ican post. I can use another, less sophisticated browser and make entries but, it's slow and cumbersome typing with one finger. The speed is only limited by the slow processor in my tablet.

I have no trouble at all using my desktop when AVG will let me in. I can navigate at full speed with no slow-downs or lock-ups so, the size of the thread seems to have no affect on speed.
I recently downloaded a free PC clean-up utility from Microsoft and it cleaned out a bunch of junk and seemed to speed it up a bit.

Hope this info is helpful to you.

RJ
Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Longtooth

Holy Mackerel!  Five responses in less than 24 hrs.
Count me in. Sign me up.

Anybody ever used an FA-270T on a G.P. Super Aeromaster?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

blw
The only way I can get in is to open the thread from the first page the click the last page icon ( >> )then just scroll and hunt for the last post I read. It will hang if I try the last post read icon

I have to think it is time for thread 2, just perserve this one for the wealth of knowledge to be gleamed from it.
Ken
Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 PM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

I just boughta SaitoFG17. I want to run it with a three bladed prop. Anyone have any experience and what three blade prop are you using?

Tx,
Dan
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also still having the same issue as Flying Again... but I have a theory.

I've been on this thread since almost its begining - it's the longest living thread that I subscribe to, by far. I am wondering if, after all these years, there might be some type of counter connected to the amount of times that I have come up to this thread and that this might be the reason for my not being able to get in directly.

Of all the threads that I subscribe to on RCU (and there are a lot of them!!) this is the only one that I am having a problem with. I love the thread, and learn a lot of useful info here. I get in to all the others very easily.

I'm just tossing this out in case there might be some symptom here that could help the programmers diagnose what is happening to some of us.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RJ, I get on RCU riding bareback, so I only know about AVG indirectly. It seems that is your problem, not RCU. A number of members have commented about AVG from what I've read elsewhere.

Ed, there are some other massive areas that act the same way. Have you tried the last post button? That works like a champ for me.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

same here, i am having same issues as you all.  to get here, i had to search rc universe, then go to forums, then club saito, then click button to right.  something is wromg with rc universe web site, was not like this 1 month ago.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
rowdyjoe

Ditto

I have contacted AVG and they worked with me to resolve the issue. AVG is more sensitive to this virus than other av programs (???). They advised me to notify RCUto fix the problem. I would gladly do that if Icould access the home page and find the contact info. I'm hoping someone (a moderator?) will forward this info to them. The bug is "HTML/Framer".

I'm not a programmer, just a button pusher so, I'm just passing on my experience. AVG has a complete record of this bug on their site and it does some nasty things to your computer including leaving it vulnerable to unauthorized access.

What confuses me is, why does IE9 give me access to this thread a several others but, blocks the main page and a bunch of others.

I had AVG Toolbar loaded and the error message said the toolbar was blocking access so, I deleted the toolbar and I was able to access RCU unhampered for a few hours and then the AVG program began blocking it.

I firmly believe this is an RCUsite issue and that the owners/managers of this site need to find the bug and fix it.

I'm lucky to have access now but, who knows what will happen tomorrow as this bug spreads?

RJ
Old 09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The way I have always gotten on here is to set My Fora with only the Fora I'm interested in then I add My Fora to My Favorites. When I select Glow Engines I click on the little arrow on the right end of the Club Saito header. I can be on here in about 3 seconds. Fora is the plural for Forum as Bill Robison instructed us. I don't subscribe to threads because all those E-mails are a hassle. Its quicker to just go and look.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
rockin daddy
My Feedback: (32)

Sure would have been great to have known Bill Robinson. I read through his notes and am amaised to the wealth of knowledge this brillant man left forus Saito lovers. When I have a problem, I read through Bill's notes.

I have a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk I usually fly a couple times a week out of the enclosed trailer I keep at our fly field. This Chipper has a 91 Saito on it. I don't like to use my Sullivan Dynatron on it but prefer to hand start it with the rubber end ofa big nut driver. When cold starting;I have to turn it clockwise and it usually always backfires and runs counterclockwise the way it is supposed to run. Howeverthe second flight after refueling, requires that I flip it counterclockwise when the motor is still warm. It will continue to run just fine. I mix myown fuel and usually use 8~10% Nitro, 18% oil(9% Klotz and 9% castor). I mix my own fuel for less than $8 a gallon! It is a bit more than my ignition gasoline motors as I use 100 octane Aviation gas purchased at the local airport. Its $5.50 a gallon plus the chainsaw oil I have to add.

Thought about converting my Saito 270 twin to ignition. I am toldthey run cleaner and use less fuel on a spark than aglow plug burningmethanol-oil mix. Gas is dirty and ash buildup occurs in time. Any long termgas-ignition Saitorunners out there with a few comments?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Rudolph Hart

Rocker you ain't kidding ash is bad for your saito gas engine,my daughter in law has the same name and i feel the same way about her.. on a serios note i use avaast anti virus but can go to the site 80% of the time off my desktop short cut.Other times you can wait for five minutes while some so handy to have computer program has a think about it.I'm beginning to think it would be nice to go back to the plain old paper world.At least you had something physical in front of your face to have a vent at maybe even bring out the old brass hammer your dad gave you..they knew what they were for.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Hobbsy

Hey Rock, I grew up in western Pa. about two miles from the Ohio river. Here's my Davis Diesel Jumbo Chicken stick, it's been used some. Bill Robison was one of those folks you meet in this life who qualified as a genuine character.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41140.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1799743  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Longtooth

Thank you all for responding, "Welcome to Club Saito"
rowdyjoe, SrTelemaster150, jeffie 8696, flyingagin, 108buzz, N1EDM, blw, orthobird, rockin daddy, Old Fart, & Hobbsy 
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
rowdyjoe

Hey, I think someone is making progress on the bug issue. AVG still blocks access to the main page but, if Ido a search for "rc Universe club saito" and click the link returned by my search engine, I'm in. I was also able to log-in today with no problem so far ...and I'm using FireFox. Hope they continue to knock out this cruddy bug.

RJ
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

My post yesterday is gone. Anyway, AVG seems to be bothering a lot of people. You probably have to disable it.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM
108buzz
My Feedback: (14)

Anybody? I just bought a Saito FG17. I want to run it with a three bladed prop. Anyone have any experience and what three blade prop are you using?

Tx,
Dan
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 108buzz

Anybody? I just bought a Saito FG17. I want to run it with a three bladed prop. Anyone have any experience and what three blade prop are you using?

Tx,
Dan
I'd try the 13x8 and the 14x7 three-blade props and see which is better..
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Rudolph Hart

Convert it to glow and run a 14x6 apc,you won't look back
Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 AM
SrTelemaster150

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

Convert it to glow and run a 14x6 apc,you won't look back

Convert a Saito 4-stroke glow engine to electrinic ignition W/the same glow fuel & get 6% more power, 25% better fuel economy, lower reliable idle, outstanding transition & easy 1 flip starts.

On anything from about .91 up it is well worth it. It will pay for itself in fuel savings 1 season if you fly much.

My 1st C&H system that I bought in '97 has been through several crashes, 1 that was straight in from 100' @ WOT. It has outlasted 2 airframes & 1 engine so far.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:23 AM
rockin daddy
My Feedback: (32)

Hey SrTele:

I have an old Tartan single glow motor that I am converting to ignition. I plan to run it on methanol first and see how it runs on gasoline. Bought some E-85 fuel at a special gas station. Regular chain saw oil does not mix with it, however castor oil and Klotz oil does. Don't believe it is the answer as this ethanolE-85 is over $3 a gal. Methanol is about $2/ gal in bulk. E-85 has Highway tax on it adding to the expense.

Have a Saito 270 twin that I plan to convert to ignition.Bought the twin ignition set-up for it already. Will try it on methanol and see how it runs on chainsaw mix too!

Thanks for the recomendations.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM
SrTelemaster150

ORIGINAL: rockin daddy

Hey SrTele:

I have an old Tartan single glow motor that I am converting to ignition. I plan to run it on methanol first and see how it runs on gasoline. Bought some E-85 fuel at a special gas station. Regular chain saw oil does not mix with it, however castor oil and Klotz oil does. Don't believe it is the answer as this ethanol E-85 is over $3 a gal. Methanol is about $2/ gal in bulk. E-85 has Highway tax on it adding to the expense.

Have a Saito 270 twin that I plan to convert to ignition. Bought the twin ignition set-up for it already. Will try it on methanol and see how it runs on chainsaw mix too!

Thanks for the recomendations.

If you can get Methanol cheaper than E-85 don't even bother W/the E-85.

I did some tests W/E-85, although to be fair, it was probably closer to E-60 since I bought it in NY state in early March. Winter "E-85" blends contain more gasoline up North.

The E-85 does not work all that well through theglow carburetors & thetre is a deffinate power loss over methanol, even when the methanol is ignited W/glow.

If I could get bulk methanol whre I am located & would try it W/O nitro as well as W/added nitro.

I'm building a 12.7:1 CR 180 built on an FA150 case that will be converted to spark ignition.

I want to try some 30% R/C car fuel in it for short duration high HP/high thrust applications in a 25% CAP 232. It should top 3HP by a wide margine on 15% Cool Power. My glow ignition FA180 makes 2.9HP. The FA150 went from 2.6HP to 2.76HP when EI was added. If I get similar gains for the stock FA180 on spark it should top 3HP on 15% Cool Power. Increasing the CR from stock 9.6:1 to 12.7:1 W/double the nitro should make for a BIG HP boost, but I would not want to push it to max for long durartion. Just few hundred feet vertical.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Rudolph Hart

Sr tele i need some help plugging in my first gas fourstroke to it's ignition system,can we chat about it in the gas engine forum?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
SrTelemaster150

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

Sr tele i need some help plugging in my first gas fourstroke to it's ignition system,can we chat about it in the gas engine forum?

Sure we can!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

great news, i have finally tuned my FA 125, and it is now screaming, well, not really, it has incredible power, and it is so quiet.  i flew a revolver with , at first a 16 x 6 prop, then i stepped it up to a 15 x 10 prop.  extremely fast.  well, maybe not extreme, but fast enough for me that it loosened one of my ailerons linkage, = flutter = emergency landing with only one aileron.  no damage to plane.  i am considering trying the APC 14 x 12 prop.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Hobbsy

Good to see you're using it the right way, its a torquer not a revver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.